kingsheadwye.com

Indonesia delivers additional 25 tons of aid to quake-hit NTT - ANTARA News Jawa Timur

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Cabinet Secretary Teddy Indra Wijaya said an additional 25 tons of government aid arrived in several earthquake-affected areas of East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) province on Sunday (August 16), marking the second day of disaster response efforts.

This brings the total aid distributed to 52 tons since the emergency response began on Saturday (August 15), when a magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck parts of the region.

The supplies include ready-to-eat meals, drinking water, staple foods, medicines and medical equipment, tents, and clean water, and other essential items for displaced residents.

"We continue to bring logistical support for our brothers and sisters in NTT. The government continues to work to ensure the needs of affected communities are met and that assistance reaches the affected areas," Wijaya said when contacted here on Monday.

He noted the 25 tons of additional aid that arrived on Sunday were immediately distributed across several regions, including Labuan Bajo, Maumere, Manggarai, West Manggarai, East Manggarai, Sikka, Ende, and Nagekeo.

The logistics comprised five tons of ready-to-eat meals, four tons of drinking water, and 16 tons of staple foods.

The deployment also included volunteer teams, health workers, medical supplies, tents, and water sanitation equipment.

Wijaya said several state officials, including ministers and deputy ministers from the Red and White Cabinet, had been on the ground since day one to directly lead the disaster management efforts.

These officials include Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian in East Manggarai District and Coordinating Minister for Human Development and Cultural Affairs Pratikno in Ruteng, Manggarai District.

Other senior officials overseeing the response include Minister of Public Works Dody Hanggodo in Ende District; Deputy Minister of Health Benjamin Paulus Octavianus in Maumere, Sikka District; and Deputy Minister of Social Affairs Agus Jabo Priyono in Ruteng, Manggarai District.

Head of the National Agency for Disaster Countermeasure (BNPB) Suharyanto, Head of the National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas) Air Marshal Mohammad Syafii, and President Director of state-owned oil and gas company PT PERTAMINA (Persero) Simon Aloysius Mantiri are also in Manggarai District.

In a separate statement, Coordinating Minister Pratikno said the ministers and deputy ministers present in the disaster-affected areas commemorated Indonesia's 81st Independence Day alongside displaced residents in NTT on Monday morning.

Pewarta: Genta Mawangi, Uyu Liman
Editor : Vicki Febrianto
COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2026

Dilarang keras mengambil konten, melakukan crawling atau pengindeksan otomatis untuk AI di situs web ini tanpa izin tertulis dari Kantor Berita ANTARA.